Thursday, May 15, 2008

Long time comin'…

Sooo… with the best intentions to write up here once a month, I’ve forgotten for the past few. My bad.

In any case, I’ll give a quick update. First… I’m finally happy with my abode. I brought back my electric and bass guitars to keep my acoustic company… and have been getting lovely artwork from Ellie to make me smile. So, for anyone who’s curious:



So that’s that.

I’ve been working a lot doing some audio recording and video production for online video tutorials for a company called Finney Learning Systems. The bulk of the videos I worked on are on their Excel page, and the videos all come complete with cheesy music I wrote (aesthetically guided by my boss – so don’t judge the style!). I also did some of the coding for the site but the bulk of its architecture was done by a real programmer.

Outside my work there, I’ve also been keeping busy with sound design for films/music and have even started getting to the point where I get a lot of offers for paid gigs, which is really sweet. With any luck, I'll be putting together a website with some examples of some of this sound stuff, which will, no doubt, be up here too.

As for school – I just wrapped up another semester. I took a class on music editing for film from Tim Starnes which was really fun, and am gearing up for some intense classes on live recording this summer.

I’m also going to be in the city for most of this summer (though I’ll be back on the west coast during July) so I’ll finally get to do all the fun summer things I haven’t gotten to do yet. I think it would be funny if I ran into my friend, the exotic dancer. Maybe I’ll spy her from across the way, smiling and laughing with all the new friends she made…

Aaaanyway - to continue with my commitment to including as many visuals as I can on each post - I'll leave with you with an image I did for this video production company that's starting up. I got hired on to do sound work, and then randomly got to talking about photoshop and then they asked me to make them an image… so this is it… keep an eye out for it :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!! No, I mean, TOFU!

Anonymous said...

Finally!
Great use of writing, video, and photos!! - Maval