Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Hamsters

I’ve been meaning to write about this because I think it’s kind of neat… one of the services that the company I work at offers is an e-fax system that can be done over email. So, for example, you could fax a 100 page word doc with the click of a "send" button! Maybe it’s just me because I’ve never had much of a penchant for faxes, but this technology has me quite tickled. I e-fax in time sheets for my work every week and squeel with glee (well - almost).

Other than that, not too much to talk about work wise. Still loving the free sushi dinners and sirloin sandwiches for lunch.

I’m also taking a Japanese class through the Japan Society. I've been to a couple classes now and it seems good enough. I was doing the homework for it last night and going over all kinds of words and kanji that I used to know how to write -- now I can barely remember meanings (and was often at a loss for pronunciation). Siiiiigh… oh, unspoken-foreign-languages… how far and how quickly you can run…

More excitingly, I should say that Clara, all the way from out in Portland, OR, is coming here to visit! Yayyyy! I'm soo excited to see her! She gets in tomorrow morning and is here until Sunday. It'll be her first time in "The City"… =). She says she doens't need to do any of the touristy things - just wants to walk around and look at tall buildings. Cool. We can do that (so long as we bundle up nice and warm because it's coooooold!). Maybe we can even throw some H&H Bagels in there.

And lastly - I'll leave you all with a blogged reproduction of a greeting card that I thought was awesome:

(Front):
If We Were Hamsters

If we were hamsters,
we'd snack,
we'd nap,

we'd think about working out,

we'd snack again,

nap some more…


(inside):

hey… wait a minute…


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what Clara thought of her visit to NYC?