Friday, June 1, 2007

Ellie

Here are a few pics (thanks, Dad - you took some really awesome ones). I really can't express how amazing Ellie is. I had a funny thought today, though…

So I have this thing with people I love, where, because I love them already, and I love little kids in general, I often think, "How cool would it be to know so-and-so as a kid (or sometimes just as a younger version)!" I used to always wonder what it would be like, for example, to go to high school with my mom and dad as my peers… or to play with kid-versions of my current friends as, say, an assistant camp-counselor (i.e. not a disciplinarian) for some summer program. Wouldn't that be the best?! I could tell them that one day they would grow up to be wonderful people, and know I was telling the truth. Plus - just think of all the cute stories I could tell them about themselves when I got back to reality!

In any case, Ellie looks so much like kid-pictures of Adrianne that sometimes I think, there but for fortune this could BE Adrianne as a kid! But knowing a little-Adrianne has extra significance for me because it would also be like a chance for me to reciprocate all the love, support, and care-taking that she gave me as the-most-wonderful-older-sister-in-the-world when I was young. It’s a weird thought, I know, but makes it that much more fun to play with Ellie. =)

Anyway - enjoy the pics! Isn't she adorable?!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she looks to be having so much fun with you!! that was so sweet to say that about your sister! you're the best uncle!

Anonymous said...

Adorable is right! And incredibly photogenic; there's not one bad pic in the lot. What a sunny child.

Unknown said...

Ellie is so adorable! She looks just like her mom... and so happy, too. You should put more pictures of her up. ^_^